[olug] CentOS?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Aug 19 04:01:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 18:26, Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227) <
ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:

> already verified the HWADDR, the network starts, it just doesn't connect...
> ie, i can't ping out

Is the VM GUEST setup for Bridged or NAT networking?

If bridged, make sure the HOST machines firewall is turned off.

If NAT, can the GUEST ping the gateway IP address of the HOST?

Send us the "ipconfig -a" from both the GUEST and the HOST servers, along
with the "arp -an" output from the GUEST.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"