[olug] Power Supply

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 08:25:32 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 4/27/10, Marc Mapes <marcmdm2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a power supply they
> would let me borrow or buy from
> them for cheap. My PSU took a crap on me on my main
> desktop. AMD X4
> 9600 BE 4gb ram Nvidia 7900GT Along with 3 Hard drives.
> I need to make it until Friday at least. Posting from a P3
> 700Mhz now
> and it is driving me nutso.

I have a complete system with, I believe, a bad motherbard.  It's an Intel 440DX (Dual P-II, 300MHz), and I think that was made during the "bad capaciters" timeframe, so it's probably toast...

The PSU in it is an Antec Tru430, 430 Watts.  Can't find any docs online quickly about it.  It has the standard ATX 20 pin plus the 6 or 8 pin additional conector. LOTS of hard drive power connectors (all IDE!) and fan connectors.  Killer PSU in its day...

Kevin D. Snodgrass