[olug] Cox Ultimate Tier

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue Apr 6 02:21:12 UTC 2010

Based on the bandwidth and new cable modem requirement I say that this
is a DOCSIS 3.0 service.

DOCSIS 3.0 doesn't give you more Mbps per RF channel than 2.0 or
1.0/1.1, but instead specifies channel bonding to get the throughput.

In the US, maximum usable DOCSIS bandwidth per channel is 38Mbps.

It's possible that the RF requirements dictate some equipment
reconfiguration somewhere.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us