[olug] Cox Ultimate Tier

Dan Clough dan at miniarpa.net
Tue Apr 6 00:22:39 UTC 2010

Probably making sure your modem's coax line isn't going through a rat's
nest of splitters, amplifiers and other signal-killers.

I had that exact problem about a year or two ago.  My modem's connection
went all wacky and a tech had to come out with a signal tester to trace
the source of the problem - my modem's connection was going through the
cable TV splitter and amplified that serviced my TVs.

Signal quality and impedance make a big, big difference, and even a
moderately technical person might overlook a detail like that.