[olug] WM recommendation for switchers

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Wed Sep 30 18:40:44 UTC 2009

How many years has it been since you've used Gnome? It sounds to me like
you're describing the 1.x era. You don't use gconf to change preferences.
There's a very simple menu for that:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZDRfmHqy89Om1O5DPfChQA?feat=directlink

And the file open dialogs are almost identical to KDE's, although I think
they look nicer:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uvLuUoTKVSRpbd0l7la7cQ?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SPr4eaTzlRRsXpHzwQ1z9g?feat=directlink