[olug] MythTV - Cox Digital (HD)

Edward Pluta epluta3 at cox.net
Tue Sep 15 22:09:57 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Roberson" <roberson at bstc.net>
To: "Omaha Linux User Group" <olug at olug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 4:58 PM
Subject: [olug] MythTV - Cox Digital (HD)

> So, I am looking to upgrade my trusty myth backend with an HD card, and
> from
> the reading I have done, Most of them work great on Clear QAM
> (unencrypted)
> signals... Does anyone know if the Cox HD channels (7xx) are clearchannel
> QAM? Also, any suggestion on the card I should get are welcome, I am
> leaning
> towards the pcHDTV lineup.

My brother's new HDTV with a QAM tuner gets all the broadcast/basic cable HD
channels (NBC, MTV, etc), no problem. They are just mapped to like 180-4
instead of 7xx-8xx. I would assume the HD card would be similar. The pay
channels are another story. Although he does get HBO HD, which he pays for,
as well.