[olug] Samba

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Thu Sep 10 20:19:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Matthew Will
<mwill at midlandsnetworksolution.com> wrote:
> Don't forget tools like webmin that can make configurations much easier.
> I'm betting there maybe many others possibly some even better than
> webmin.  That's just one I've used for many years now.

I've had good luck using SWAT, the Samba Web Administration Tool.
It's part of the Samba project, so it's often included with Samba.  If
not, it's usually fairly easy to add and install.  I know there's
packages available in Debian/Ubuntu and Red Hat/CentOS for it.

It makes basic Samba configurations pretty easy to setup and get working.

--
Christopher