[olug] OT: Domain Registrations

Matthew Will mwill at midlandsnetworksolution.com
Thu Sep 3 02:05:18 UTC 2009

I have encountered similar situations.  It's not an easy process and it
will try your patience many times before it's corrected.  Always a good
place to start is InterNIC.

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

Also, make sure some other registrar didn't pick it up when the other
went under.  You may inquire with the new registrar you plan to move to
if they can assist you.  They may be able to move the process along
quicker.

http://www.internic.net/whois.html

Also once you really get down to it you'll have to prove you're the
owner without a shred of doubt.  So I hopefully all of your info is
current concerning the whois data against the domain.  For example when
purchasing SSL certs against a domain you have to provide them several
pieces of documentation to prove you are who you say you are.  It all
has to match up.

http://www.internic.net/problem_reports/p4.html