[olug] ubuntu slowing down

Paul H. Lewis phldml3 at cox.net
Fri Oct 30 23:16:23 UTC 2009

I haven't noticed a slow down from 8.04 to 8.10.  The slow down occurs
after I get off Firefox and try to run other programs like evolution.
The PC justs hangs for upwards of a minute.  Just yesterday I had to
reboot via the power switch because the system completely hung.  It just
started doing this with in the last month and I don't know what to check
to determine what is slowing it down.

I changed over to Linux, cuz' Windows had totally bogged the PC down and
Ubuntu was much much faster.  It has breathed new life into the old
thing!

I flasswipe the system after each surfing session and that helps some,
but the PC had run faster.  Any help?

Paul