[olug] ubuntu slowing down

Benjamin Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:15:17 UTC 2009

I haven't seen my particular system slow down over time.  But the
speed difference pre-Feisty compared to now is very noticeable.  And
I'm talking everything: boot, initial X login, starting apps, etc.
That's what I mean by bloat.  And I'm comparing clean installations on
the same hardware.

I would be nice on the stock Ubuntu installation, if there were
choices on installation (e.g. low, medium, high) to help the user
figure how many features (and to what level they're enabled) get
installed rather than having different distros.  Then you could have
the option to manipulate these low, medium, and high values post
installation to see how your system handles it.

Just my $0.02