[olug] Do Not Use blackholes.us RDL

Matthew Will mwill at midlandsnetworksolution.com
Mon Oct 12 17:00:44 UTC 2009

I don't know if this is old news or new info to some... if you admin an
email server and/or deal with spam filtering you will be interested.
I've had a couple calls on this today already and have had a huge spike
with customers asking us to whitelist addresses/domains.  This RDL was
due to go offline at some point.  But it was a popular one for many
years.  Some people tend to set it and forget it.  If you are still
using blackholes.us you maybe encountering issues and don't know it.

http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/browse_thread/
thread/d49fa4997ebf126a?pli=1

Matt Will