[olug] samba conf

William Haisch whaisch3 at cox.net
Sun Oct 11 20:06:36 UTC 2009

Kelly,

Try moving or renaming your smb.conf file and restart the samba
service.  I believe that by default, if no smb.conf file is
available, samba should share out the /tmp directory with read-only
access to everyone.  If you can connect and see any items in the /
tmp , it may be your conf file.  If you cannot connect, it may be
something else (i.e. the server executable, a firewall setup, lack of
HD space, etc.)  Also, what does the log file state?  (/var/log/samba/
log.*)

-Wm.