[olug] Firewall / VPN Devices

Curtis LaMasters curtislamasters at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:20:39 UTC 2009

My company mostly pushes Cisco but the ASA line can be a bit tricky to
configure from time to time.  It has all the features you are asking
if you are willing to pay for them.

I personally recommend pfSense.  It has OpenVPN, IPSec, IDS/IPS,
Content filtering and plenty more.  If your boss or whoever has to pay
the bills is one who always thinks commercially backed products are
best, pfSense has you coverd there too.

I've also heard a number of people on forums liking Untangle.  I don't
have any keytime on one so I don't have much more on those.

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com