[olug] Ipod

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Tue Oct 6 02:56:42 UTC 2009

Most major music players should work with it just fine. I would recommend
taking a look at Rhythmbox and Banshee for the Gnome desktop and Amarok for
KDE. Personally I prefer Banshee, it's definitely the most polished of the
three, but YMMV. All three support CD ripping/burning but I also like using
SoundJuicer for that. They also manage podcasts but gPodder is probably a
better interface.
http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
http://banshee-project.org/
http://amarok.kde.org/
http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/sound-juicer
http://gpodder.org/

These should all be available as standard packages for your distribution.