[olug] displays for outdoors

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:37:35 UTC 2009

Eric P wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any displays (10" on up) in the market that can work
> w/o a back light (i.e., outdoors, etc.)? Something like the OLPC's XO
> monitor (but not the XO - it's just too small).

I don't know if anyone else was interested in this thread, but I found an interesting comparison of some non-backlit
displays for naturally bright settings (e.g., outdoors, etc.).

http://olpc.tv/2009/06/09/pixel-qi-vs-kindle-vs-toshiba-r600-vs-regular-lcd-tablet/

Sounds like we're still a little ways away from any general use non-backlit displays hitting the market.

Eric