[olug] OT: Cell Phone Recommendation

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Sat Oct 3 17:52:52 UTC 2009

I was like you waiting for someone here in the Omaha area to come out
with an Android phone.  I hear that Sprint will have one out this
October (HTC Hero) which looks like a bad ass phone.  I however went
with the iPhone as well and I am NOT disappointed by the decision.  I
however do not agree that AT&T coverage is bad in the Omaha area.  I
have had nothing but great signal since I got this phone.  The majority
of the time I have full signal everywhere I go (3G) and have not yet
kicked over to the EDGE network for data.  In addition for some reason
these phones work great inside buildings.  So I think the  AT&T coverage
argument does not hold much weight anymore.  Now AT&T cost may be
another story :)    I am heading to Western Nebraska next week and I
will then see how AT&T holds up being stress tested :)

Kenny