[olug] funny, true but funny

Benjamin Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:35:48 UTC 2009

"yes, ben. i have worked for DOD.
but i'm not sure what that has to do with anything."

Well, then having worked for the DoD, I'm sure you know how "in bed"
they are with MS products.  Sure, there are some small Unix/Solaris
shops around, but the vast majority of desktops/servers/services are
MS stuff.  In fact, to get "evil" open source products installed on a
desktop these days usually requires some drawn out waiver process that
I'm convinced exists to frustrate the requester to the point where
they have to buy closed/proprietary software.

In my mind, they would be better served rolling their own Linux distro
and deploying/supporting that rather than paying outrageous support
costs for MS products and the like.