[olug] sf.net bookmarks removed

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 05:44:55 UTC 2009

Self, you are not losing your mind, your hundred or so bookmarks on
SourceForge were purposely removed in a grand redesign without
recourse to a read only copy as of yet.  Yes, sf really moved your
bookmarks for about the seventh time in 7 years, but this time, they
are not on the website, really.  So don't waste any more of your time
or other's time looking for them.  They haven't been on sf for about 6
weeks.  No, you didn't receive a warning.

When doing a trac search for bookmarks at sf.net/support, many people
are complaining of losing their bookmarks, and some claiming they also
lost their mind as well.  SF claimed over 6 weeks ago they will do a
datadump of bookmarks at sometime and will be announced on their
status page.  Has not happened yet.  They just shot themselves in the
foot.  That wasted too much of my time and sf's ad revenue because i
will not be able to direct new people to particular projects i
recommend.  Reminds me of General Motors consortium National City
Lines  purchasing controlling ownership in streetcar companies
(including our Lincoln Street Railway) throughout the country and
gradually denigrating service by lessening the frequency of
streetcars; dropping routes; reducing dependability.  At the same NCL
launched an expensive ad campaign that buses, yes buses are high tech
and diesel is cleaner than electric.   Black is white.  White is
black.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/6615
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/5558