[olug] funny, true but funny

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Nov 18 23:45:47 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 05:21:15 pm Aric Aasgaard wrote:
> It isn't Microsoft's fault the guy bought proprietary hardware that is sold
> with Windows.  I bet there is some challenged person out there trying to
>  get a refund for Mac OS 10.X that came on his $3000 shinny box of magic
>  unicorns.

It's not that simple. Microsoft wants you to agree to an EULA to *use*
Windows, even after you've bought it. The only way they can even argue that it
is *possibly* legally valid is if they provide you the option to return
Windows for a full refund. Which is why every copy of Windows includes an EULA
entitling you to a refund if you do not agree to the terms therein. Actually
getting a refund is the difficult part, due to Microsoft's non-compliance with
their own offer.