[olug] Chumby Taking Orders for New Chumby One

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Nov 15 15:28:01 UTC 2009

Doesn't look very open. What does it have that a SmartQ 7 doesn't? Besides a
rather inconvenient size...

RAM... Chumby 64 MB vs SmartQ 128 MB
Flash... Chumby 64 MB vs SmartQ 1 GB
CPU... Chumby 350 MHz ARM9 vs SmartQ 667 MHz ARM11
LCD... Chumby 320x240 3.5in vs SmartQ5 800x480  4.3in
Cost... Chumby $100-$130 vs SmartQ5 $100-$132

Also, the SmartQ hardware has 100% of its specifications open, so running a
completely open source OS (including bootloader) is possible.