[olug] OpenSSH ListenAddress Options

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Mon Nov 9 08:16:55 UTC 2009

I just use the ssh rules in snort to temp ban the ips of the brute forcers
on the firewall.

"i have a
dream of using dynamic dns on a tinc only network.  the tinc only dns would
store the dynamic ports opened for each node so everybody can be behind a
nat but reachable."

Yeah IPv6 would be nice....
I have been playing with a similar idea for a while.  The problem I had was
sending port info in a DNS query......  I played around using the SRV record
to sort of hack around it.

Lately I have been playing with OpenSSL.  Apache makes things nice because
you can use Name-based Virtual Hosts.

I've never used tinc.
But.... tinc uses OpenSSL so you could probably do it.

.....stunnel like my daddy \o/