[olug] Auto-mount prompt for eSATA drive

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Mon Nov 9 05:51:40 UTC 2009

I remember trying to get something similar to work in the past and gave up.
As far as I know esata and sata are the same thing beyond the plug/cable
specs.

I tried something I read a while back that hacks part of the usb auto mount
code but I never got it to work.

Is there an event that happens when a sata drive is connected?  To my
knowledge you have to rescan the scsi bus to get knowledge of the connected
device.

If an event happens in the sata driver/software for the device you could use
it to trigger your script.

I am currently manually using scripts to hotswap my backup drives.

Let me know if you find a way to get it to work.