[olug] Dell 600m hard-drive problem

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 02:42:23 UTC 2009

The overall behavior indicates that the drive is failing; diagnostics may run, and check OK, as the platters are fine.  HOWEVER, the odd detection issues point to something wrong in the drive's circuitry.
It may run for a long time like that, but I try not to press my luck in those situations.

 I ran the Harry Potter books through a spell checker; none of those spells should work.