[olug] nmap paranoia

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue May 19 02:38:48 UTC 2009

No, it means that the subnet mask you gave nmap was too broad ;)

The 255.255.255.0 (aka /24) subnet you have on your router merely
indicates the address space of the local link.

In the future you should either be more careful with your nmap CLI or
consider implementing egress filtering to prevent RFC1918 destinations
from leaving your network.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us