[olug] nmap paranoia

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Mon May 18 16:40:53 UTC 2009

I'm fairly dense (obviously) when it comes to networking above the core
basics.  But, wouldn't the 'private' in private subnets imply that I
shouldn't be able to access that?  Or even see it for that matter?  With
the cable modem having a public IP address, does it also have a
'private' internal address for the Cox network?  Thus, it can map to
those subnets because Cox has explicitly set the modems for that purpose?