[olug] Wireless bridge

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat May 16 11:54:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 14:30, Abraham Serafino <abrahams at teknohazard.com>wrote:
> Yes, that's my device. And I was rather hoping to do pretty much exactly
> that, minus hub. Couldn't I just plug my non-wireless devices (my desktop
> computer) straight into the CB3000?

If you don't use a hub, you might have to use a "crossover" cable to connect
your PC to this device - it all depends on the abilities of this bridge.
(In short, if a regular RJ45 network cable doesn't make the link lights
light up, you might want to put a hub/switch between the two devices.)

Good luck - sounds like this device should "just work" since you already
have wireless in your house.

Dan