[olug] sftp using cURL

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:04:09 UTC 2009

when i 'make install' the "ubuntu-friendly version", it installs to the
wrong directory! when running configure i must specify /usr/bin as the
install directory.

./configure --prefix=/path/to/curl/tree

i did so, but for some reason it installed in the wrong directory anyway.
(maybe just leftovers from the last attempt to compile)

so, i cleaned up that mess.....and installed the current stable version in
the correct location

administrator at bunt:~$ curl -V
curl 7.19.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.4 zlib/1.2.3.3 libssh2/0.18
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file scp sftp
Features: IPv6 Largefile libz

administrator at bunt:~$ curl -T /home/.../index.html -u user:password sftp://
www.awesomehost.com/opt/www_sites/mysite/.../index.html

  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100 11197    0     0  100 11197      0   4240  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--
4240
administrator at bunt:~$

so....success.....

let me take this moment to thank everyone that dropped in. this would have
taken a long time without you....much thanks.