[olug] sftp using cURL

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:56:21 UTC 2009

thanks chris. i was compiling the un-ubuntu version when you dropped your
post. i was able to uninstall it via 'apt-get remove curl'.

david, thanks for the post. i should have realized that i needed the
development package with the .h files. thanks for clearing that up.

just ran the configure on the ubuntu-friendly version...this is the
output...

  curl version:    7.18.0
  Host setup:      i686-pc-linux-gnu
  Install prefix:  /usr/local
  Compiler:        gcc
  SSL support:     no      (--with-ssl / --with-gnutls)
  SSH support:     enabled (libSSH2)
  zlib support:    enabled
  krb4 support:    no      (--with-krb4*)
  GSSAPI support:  no      (--with-gssapi)
  SPNEGO support:  no      (--with-spnego)
  c-ares support:  no      (--enable-ares)
  ipv6 support:    enabled
  IDN support:     no      (--with-libidn)
  Build libcurl:   Shared=yes, Static=yes
  Built-in manual: enabled
  Verbose errors:  enabled (--disable-verbose)
  SSPI support:    no      (--enable-sspi)
  ca cert path:    no
  LDAP support:    no      (--enable-ldap / --with-ldap-lib /
--with-lber-lib)
  LDAPS support:   no      (--enable-ldaps)

got SSH, but no SSL....not a big deal. don't really need SSL unless i'm
going to do HTTPS or FTPS...which i don't plan on doing.

make-ing now....