[olug] sftp using cURL

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Mon May 11 14:39:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:
> okay...another wall...both machines (8.04 and 9.04) same result
>
> apt-get install libssh2-1 (to get the necessary libraries)
>
> i got the cURL source code, ran the configure script....

[Snip.]

> any suggestions?

Get the libssh2-1-dev package, which contains the headers and required
development bits to compile a program against libssh2.  The libssh2-1
package just contains the runtime libraries.

Also, I'd advise that you get the Debianized/Ubuntu-ized curl source
via 'apt-get source curl', and use the debian/Ubuntu tools to rebuild
the package with the options you want.  That'll allow you to continue
managing the package via standard package tools.

--
Christopher