[olug] ubuntu 9.04

Sean Sinclair seanfsinclair at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 04:38:55 UTC 2009

<abrahams at teknohazard.com
>> wrote:
>
>> have you installed your updates? when i tried playing media files in movie
>> player, it said it couldn't find suitable codecs, and when i did a search
>> on
>> them, the search failed. after i installed my updates, it found and
>> installed the codecs from inside movie player without any trouble.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Sean Sinclair <seanfsinclair at yahoo.com
>>> wrote:
> I meant any (avi, mpg, silk, divx). even with the restricted pkg.

> 9.04 for
> >> 1

> about

> one let

the codecs fail when you connect to certain multiple screens. (such as
14" built in monitor of a laptop and a 24" sylvania hdtv). Before I try
to install 9.04 again this is an error I would have to know that no
longer exists. It was a good thing that I saved all my documents and
media (audio and video before trying.) I can't explain why the codecs
work with the 8.10 version and multiple screens and not 9.04.

Sean Sinclair