[olug] Community Colo Project

Charles.Bird charles.bird at powerdnn.com
Fri Mar 27 15:55:43 UTC 2009

I am in agreement on the space concerns. I've looked at how FDC servers in
Chicago does their stuff, they have a bunch of bakers racks for towers. BTW,
i dont recommend coloing there, those dudes are pretty shady, they wouldnt
even showup to Hostcon last summer when they were within 7 miles of the
event, I asked why, and everyone got quiet, *shrugs*

I am a fan of Plesk9.0 for shared hosting, one click joomla, wordpress,
drupal, etc.
I think the license is about 28 bucks per month for 100 domains, perhaps it
was 300 domains. I dont like how its not free, but in my opinion it is the
best control panel out there for linux based webhosting, and with zero pain
in the butt factor.

Also, with the control panel, you can give users shell accounts, and they
are locked down fairly well.