[olug] Community Colo Project

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 23:50:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM, <charles.bird at powerdnn.com> wrote:

> I'm in the one out front. We broke your window last summer, well the guy we
> fired did.
> He ended up breaking his own window. :)

ROFL, the guy that had the broken rear window of his firebird or something ?

The lower window that was broken is being rented to a military contractor.

We don't have a fat pipe installed in this building for lease to tenants,
sadly.  Otherwise I woulda been all over it and possibly offering it as an
option long ago :).

Will: What is going on in that building anyways, I've always wondered, I
> heard theres some raised floor towards the center.

There were some raised floors in the middle of the third floor, but those
are gone and turned into regular office space now.  Our company rack is down
in the basement in a small controlled room running off a regular cox
business account.

We have a few gov't contractors in the building, an EPA related company, and
an Indian (read: native american) company has offices in here.  Oh, then
there's us, American Amusements - who deal primarily in embedded hardware
design, software, and very limited manufacturing (ie: soldering stuff, etc).
 For a little while, a company that worked with the CDC was here last
summer/fall... and a general contractor might have some space rented on the
second floor, unsure.

BTW, all three of these buildings on this lot were at one time NG buildings
:).  Do you have cool labels on some of the doors about needing security
clearance from the 'commander' to enter a restricted zone ? :)

-Will