[olug] Community Colo Project

Lane Roberts roberts.lane at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 23:16:22 UTC 2009

I went on a tour of Pinpoint's datacenter space in the Scott Technology
Center for work a couple weeks ago and was pretty impressed. What we looked
at was a Tier 2 space - no raised floor, a few windows, etc. but there was
plenty of A/C and power. They've got fiber to both AT&T through Qwest and to
Level 3 - one in Denver, one in Chicago. Not sure on the pricing - I wasn't
part of that discussion.

If we do get something going on this, I'd definitely want to take part - I'm
a poor college student, so I can't contribute much in the way of hardware,
but I've got time and energy.

Lane