[olug] Community Colo Project

Charles.Bird charles.bird at powerdnn.com
Thu Mar 26 19:38:04 UTC 2009

Physical Infrastructure
At the CO, the poured concrete building is basiclly in two sections. There
is the CO side(no windows, no offices) then there is the office side. Office
side is concrete as well, however, there are acrylic windows. on the south
side.

On the west side of the building, near the top, there is a couple of areas
where they have heat exchangers, one compartment appears to be open, I dont
know if they would allow us nerds to get our own liebert HE in there or not
:) heheh

Doors are push button combo, they appear to be "fire resistant", maybe burn
through in an hour or so.
the other is for people. I know they have a genset there, a decent sized
one, but concerning gensets and A/C, I dont think they would let any of us
ride on their equipment due to the black art of regulatory compliance and
all the stuff that lawyers conjured up from their infinite conciousness.

thats all I know, I dont know about diverse enterances of power/fiber at
that location