[olug] Laptop suggestions?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Mar 18 13:51:40 UTC 2009

2009/3/18 Shannon <ridgid at gmail.com>

> you would have to check about the linux support but looks like Alienware
> has
> one .
> http://www.alienware.com
> Area-51® m17x $1,499

Yup, looks like a nice machine.  Anyone have any recent experience with Dell
and/or Alienware after the Dell merger?  I know that Dell from ~2-3 years
ago weren't great, but I would hope that Alienware hasn't gone downhill
since their merger.  I'd like to get another 4-5 years out of this next
laptop, but my co-workers experiences with Dells made in the past few years
haven't made me feel too comfortable...

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal