[olug] Proxy / Filter server for family

James Ringler jringler at plainspower.com
Mon Mar 16 12:25:52 UTC 2009

Todd Christopher Hamilton wrote:
> I would like to utilize some proxy/filter/audit type software for to
> help my family more safely surf the net.  any suggestions?  I have a
> debian box with a couple of dozer boxes (my workstation and the family
> laptop.)  I use the debian box as a ssh server and an svn repo for
> some development work I do.

have a look @ Untangle.    They have a host installed version which
installs on Windows.
http://www.untangle.com/Re-router-Technology

or if you had an extra box, you could put in inline with your Internet
connection to protect/monitor your entire network.

Untangle does content filtering, antivirus, antispyware, protocol
control.......