[olug] State auction

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Mar 13 18:34:09 UTC 2009

I just dropped by the state surplus warehouse to look over the auction
stuff.  It's probably good for my pocketbook that I'm busy tomorrow.

They've got a dozen or so digital cameras, two Wii's, a PS/3, an Xbox
360, a couple dozen laptops, scores of Cisco 2600's, scores of old,
slow rack mount hubs & switches, hundreds of tower computers (mostly
Dell & Apple) sold both as individuals and as wrapped pallets, lots of
filing cabinets, three pepper fog dispensers for crowd control, and (in
case you know the person who buys them) a dozen fire dept backpack-
mounted air tanks.  The phone booths are sweet, and will no doubt fetch
a pretty penny.  Lots of other misc stuff, too.  The computer stuff
seemed to be in reasonably good shape, with most of it being P4
vintage.  The guy there said it'll probably run until late afternoon,
and you have until Tuesday to remove your stuff.