[olug] [Possible OT] USB devices

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Mar 1 23:41:55 UTC 2009

Odd since the product manufacturers site:
http://www.atechflash.com/products-G5.html

..it lists OS X as supported.  Send an e-mail to their support line - maybe
there's an update/driver.  And I didn't think a USB HUB would need any OS
support...

Could it be a bad USB port on your Mac?

Dan

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Cheyenne Deal <deal.cheyenne at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am not sure if anyone has experience with macs, but I have a bit of a
> problem. I bought some things for my mac, (20in iMac G5) and they are
> supposedly not see my OSX. I got this card
> reader<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820176011
> >from
> newegg and it works ok on my windows machine and fine on my centos box
> but the mac see nothing. This usb
> hub<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182146>which
> I had for my linux machine that works fine but again mac sees nothing.
> Any Ideas?

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)