[olug] domain name registrar recommendations

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Mon Jun 15 19:43:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Eric P<eric.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give me a domain name registrar recommendation?  I'm not too familiar with the reputation of common domain
> name registrars,  We use Netsol at work, but they seem a tad on the pricey side.
>
> The only one I think I'll stay away from for sure is GoDaddy after spending some time on NoDaddy.com (a GoDaddy sucks
> type website).

I used Network Solutions initially, back in the mid-90's.  However, I
got screwed over by them and had to jump through some seriously
excessive hoops to move away from them, so I wouldn't recommend them
to anyone.

I'm currently using GoDaddy for all of my domains, although I don't
much care for them.  I registered a domain with them shortly after
they started, and they seemed okay then.  I migrated all my domains to
them at that point, and have been meaning to drop them for some time
now, just haven't gotten around to it.

What I'd really love to find is a domain registrar who offered free
secondary DNS service with the registration.  I'd go with them in a
hurry (provided they weren't horribly expensive).

--
Christopher