[olug] Back that SAS up

Benjamin Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 23:53:14 UTC 2009

Since someone mentioned Bacula...

I've been trying to get a Bacula server running on a Ubuntu desktop
for a while now.  Originally, I tried this with a Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
distro, but recall running into dependency issues.  I've recently
upgraded the machine to the current Ubuntu offering (Intrepid Ibex I
believe).

I'm trying to install Bacula via the package manager.  The packages
start installing but when it gets to installing/configuring
bacula-director-mysql, in package installer fails and leaves it "half
configured" status.

Anyone else run into this?

I've tried a complete package removal and reinstall and keep running
into the same problem.  MySQL is installed and running and I provide
the configure script the correct username/password to create the
initial database.

Ben