[olug] thawte Web-of-Trust

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:57:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Dave Rowe <dave at roweware.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used thawte personal X.509 certificates in the past, along
> with getting notarized in person?  I noticed there are a few notaries in
> the Omaha/Lincoln area, and was curious if people still used them?  I
> thought it'd be interesting to use personally, and the 'wot' thing is
> also interesting.
>
> Any notaries on the list?
>
> Dave

OK, i must have experienced some wishful thinking and probably why i
never sent this message back in May.

Is there such a thing as a subset of notaries that can vouch for
Thawte and other CAs?  If so, bring him to the next OLUG meeting and
we could have a key signing party and generate cool graphs and then
form a company that gets bought by LinkedIn for millions because it
would provide decent proof of identity.  Banks and Facebook connect
type things need something like this.

These graphs are so cool - LinkedIn should have done this by now.
http://www.chaosreigns.com/code/sigtrace/

KeySigningPartyHowTo
http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html#pictures