[olug] Ubuntu, cant su root

adunlop techworld.mail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:02:15 UTC 2009

Most of it comes down to philosophy differences between and specific
uses.  Proprietary  vs. GPL/FOSS, stable vs. bleeding edge, the user
knows best vs. the user needs training wheels, package management vs.
strictly source... any of a thousand things.  Lots of distros are
designed for specific tasks, a specific use (server vs. desktop)
specific audio or instrument hookups... etc.

Different distros are good for different things, it's all about
picking the best tool for the job.