[olug] Ubuntu, cant su root

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:04:44 UTC 2009

ubuntu is a bit "parental", but most popular distros seem to be going that
way as linux becomes mainstream.

most of my residential customers have an easy time transitioning to linux
using ubuntu, so in the war against M$ and proprietary software, i'm
convinced that ubuntu is our strongest weapon in our arsenal at the current
time...so get to know it well.

why? because it just works...usually straight out of the install. at most,
just install a couple drivers, and you have happy customers that are no
longer using microsoft products.

that's something that can't be said about any other distribution, IMO.

some of you may want to keep linux for yourselves, but i'd like to see a
real market shar, so if something makes linux easier for a non-IT person to
use...i'm all for it.

 you can always sudo.