[olug] Filesystems

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:44:50 UTC 2009

I believe a "mv" (which would maintain the original inode), then "cp" the
file back
to it's original name (new inode) should do the job.  My issue I would like
to avoid
renaming the entire filesystem.  Not to mention that I cannot remove the
original
file until after a reboot, in case the file is being used.  However, if I
could obtain
a "status" of the FS, My plans for world dominance would nearly be complete.

Chad, CISSP
Sent from Los Angeles, CA, United States
Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html>  -
"The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."