[olug] Good Desktop Wireless for Ubuntu

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Mon Jan 19 23:42:35 UTC 2009

I've had excellent luck with Atheros-based cards, which have been supported
by the madwifi drivers, but have been open-sourced completely and should
show up in the kernel at some point. I have the Netgear
WG311T<http://netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG311T.aspx>card,
but be sure to double-check that they are still using the same
chipset.