[olug] Good Desktop Wireless for Ubuntu

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Mon Jan 19 03:52:16 UTC 2009

I dont know about a package for Ubuntu, but I bought some cheaper wifi
PCI cards, and put one in my truck, and it's working without issues.

The driver is in 2.6.28, not sure about earlier kernel versions.

I may still have one or two for about $22/each.

The chipset is a rt61.

lspci:
01:09.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI

Modules:
rt61pci                23044  0
rt2x00pci               8576  1 rt61pci
rt2x00lib              33792  2 rt61pci,rt2x00pci
rfkill                 13008  2 rt2x00lib
led_class               4872  1 rt2x00lib
mac80211              174704  2 rt2x00pci,rt2x00lib
cfg80211               35360  2 rt2x00lib,mac80211
eeprom_93cx6            2560  1 rt61pci

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User