[olug] mythtv parts ordered

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:26:01 UTC 2009

> I'm such a slacker. I spent 1 hour buying our Tivo 3 years ago. Been
> working fine ever since.   :)

Har har :).

Yeah... the cablecard version of tivo has been very tempting, but I'm not
sure on tivo's export capability and similar.

Also, if I was a sane little boy, the bios update woulda been first... and
mythbuntu woulda worked out of the box immediately.

I don't watch much tv, but one of my prior requirements was to be able to
get the digital channels cox offers.  At the moment I've just got analog
(1-71) going.  Granted, with what I have I can probably get a couple cable
boxes and get some irblasters going...

I'll have to look into the network capabilities of mythtv after a lil bit.
 In particular if there's a windows client available.

If I don't do anything outside of capture box itself.. then a tivo makes
sense.  $10 a month to tivo plus... $8-$12 a month to cox for 2 cable cards
?

-Will