[olug] Linux Adventure

Amy Mason amason80 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 20:54:09 UTC 2009

Mostly, I play puzzles, old dos stuff, and adventure games, but I like
simple arcadeish stuff too.  I am pretty certain I can find what I need in
Linux on that front, Until I've gone through the trial, I don't dare run
virtual box, but at that point that was precisely my plan.  I don't have a
huge audible collection, but I will be cranky if I can't get at what I
bought, which is generally a big problem with them and Linux.  My biggest
problem is a lack of funds, so I kind of have to do this with the hardware I
have on hand, which is why I was planning to wipe Vista. (its not a loss, I
just don't want to break XP.) If my intended Linux machine would work with
Ubuntu, I would use that, but I cannot fix video resolution, no matter what
I do, and I cannot abide using openSUSE any longer. I just don't like it. I
can't really explain why either sadly.