[olug] Trixbox, Juniper, and IAX2 issues

home slice homeslice at packetfury.com
Tue Feb 10 16:36:40 UTC 2009

Hi all,
         I have a dev-trixbox at the office and I decided to use the IAX2
protocol after I couldnt get the SIP trunks to work.
IAX works much better and I can make calls from internal network to PSTN,
however, using Zoiper from outside the network, I cant seem to register with
the PBX on port 4569(Default IAX2 port).
I'm pretty sure its something funky with the nat on the Juniper
firewall(SSG5), so far I havnt had any luck getting things ironed out and I
cant tell what exactly the issue is.

IAX2 trunk to Dallas works well, no connection issues at all, but the same
port 4569 from a softphone cant authenticate.  I even assigned my laptop a
static public IP at the datacenter with no joy.  Anyone here using VOIP and
going through a Juniper with NAT?

I know its something really stupid, just stuck at the moment

Thanks,
Charles