[olug] Good inexpensive minimum 2-port router.

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:37:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Amy Mason <amason80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [snipped]
>
> If anyone is curious, the problem is that my connection will randomly drop
> and the Windows computer will claim that a cable is unplugged. Usually, two
> or three minutes later everything picks back up like nothing happens.  I
> haven't been able to check the Linux machine's log files yet to see if the
> problem is localized to the Windows machine or not.
>
> The other problem was related to that Linksys Skype phone. It refused to
> stay connected even though connections seemed good with the D-link as I
> could access the firmware through the browser without too much difficulty.
>
> [snipped]

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware on your router?

Also, I seem to keep finding routers & switches at the thrift stores in my
parts; usually for under $10. If none of the offers for equipment in this
thread pan out, digging through the surplus/thrift stores in town may be
another option for a student.